Area Engineer | Commissioning Engineer
Looking to POWER UP your career? Then come join a company that is helping usher in the next generation of Energy for our planet! As a NETA certified Independent Electrical Testing & Engineering Organization, we set the standard for technical expertise and uncompromising safety within the Utilities, Renewable Energy, Data Centers and Industrial industries.
Area Engineer Managed-Task services as follows:
• Perform substation field engineering, including work plan preparation and project testing functions of Area Engineers in the commissioning of new or modified transmission facilities.
• Review, revise, and/or develop isolation and restoration work plans, perform preparation of integrated functional test plans, and performance of functional tests (contractor's lead AE will review any work plans that require second review).
• Direct troubleshooting efforts, including plan development and execution to resolve functional test deficiencies.
• Perform the mark-up of field change drawings, discrepancy lists and project closure packages within 30 days of project in-service date.
• Provides on-site support to Design Engineering, Substation Construction and to Transmission Service Center Managers engaged in the construction, operation, and maintenance of Customer's transmission
system as relates to design philosophy and providing field information/valid requirements.
• Provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems ensuring customer design standards are maintained.
• Review Utility Customer and contract drawings for constructability.
• Assure all Trip Circuits are analyzed and isolated to prevent inadvertent trips during construction and testing.
• Develop intermediate steps as required to implement new design, including, but not limited to, auxiliary temporary circuits to provide requested services during construction.
• Perform power equipment testing and relay calibrations
• Perform Specialty Engineering Services as requested
• Deliverables, Development, Revision, and/or Isolation and Restoration Work Plan, Functional Test Plans, Performance of Functional Tests and appropriate documentation of performance.
• Field – Marked Drawings
• Discrepancy Reports
• Closure Reports
• Weekly Status Reports to Technical Contract Manager
• Troubleshooting Plans, as requested
• Test/Calibration Data
EPS in an equal opportunity employer. Our organization does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.