Protection and Control Design Engineer
EPS Engineering & Design (EPS E&D) is the professional engineering arm of Electric Power Systems International, Inc. (EPSII). EPS E&D was formed in 2008 to offer a broad spectrum of capabilities that range from a simple relay settings change all the way to turnkey a 500kV power substation design project.
EPS E&D has the ability to provide our customers cost effective consulting, engineering, design and drafting services, with support through construction completion and commissioning with a personal touch that differentiates our small, privately held firm from the very large design companies that need to compensate for higher overhead costs.
EPS Engineering & Design is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the Protection and Controls Engineer position in our posted office. EPS offers salaries and benefits commensurate with experience, education and applicant's abilities.
• Perform and review short circuit, coordination, and arc flash studies.
• Perform and review motor starting, load flow, and harmonic studies.
• Analyze and review system monitoring reports for harmonic or voltage issues.
• Develop and review relay setting files using manufacturer software.
• Familiar with NFPA and IEEE standards.
• Experience gathering electrical equipment data.
• Knowledge of SKM, ETAP, EasyPower, ASPEN, PSSE or EMTP software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor´s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Professional Engineering License
• Up to 25% travel
EPS in an equal opportunity employer. Our organization does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.