Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
EPS Engineering & Design (EPS E&D) is the professional engineering arm of Electric Power Systems International, Inc. (EPSII). EPS E&D was formed in 2008 to offer a broad spectrum of capabilities that range from a simple relay settings change all the way to turnkey a 500kV power substation design project.
EPS E&D has the ability to provide our customers cost effective consulting, engineering, design and drafting services, with support through construction completion and commissioning with a personal touch that differentiates our small, privately held firm from the very large design companies that need to compensate for higher overhead costs.
EPS Engineering & Design, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced, energetic, self-starting team member to perform civil / structural engineering design activities. The Engineer will lead the design of foundations, steel and concrete structures, equipment supports for utility substation projects, transmission and distribution line design, development of civil site plans specific to site grading, drainage, soil erosion and sediment control details. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers and drafting technicians. The position is located in our St. Louis, MO office.
• All aspects of substation structural design including preparation of steel performance drawings, fabrication drawings, foundation design and construction inspection
• Ability to independently create foundation/structural calculation construction packages
• Ability to perform basic civil/structural engineering tasks and reviews of 3rd party designs
• Development of steel and concrete construction specifications, cost estimates, engineering proposals, and project schedules
• Support of substation physical design with bus analysis calculations and coordinating with multiple disciplines on results
• Preparation of calculation packages to satisfy client and code requirements.
• Occasional travel will be required
EPS in an equal opportunity employer. Our organization does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.